miercuri, 27 august 2008

The King of Instruments



Part of the program I am in includes taking 2 more semesters of private instruction. It's been 8-9 years since I was studying organ at BYU, but even though the skills are a little rusty, I'm really excited to have this opportunity again! I would have taken more during my bachelor's if there had been room for it, so I'm excited that it's required now. I met the professor today; he's a little old man who actually reminds me a lot of my old organ teacher, Dr. Bush. I am one of 3 organ students here--one just had a baby and hasn't shown up yet, and the other is some old lady who doesn't do much (that's what my teacher said!) I think he's happy to have a legitamate student. Ha! That means I have first dibbs on practicing in the recital hall, which will be a blast because they have a huge, newly renovated organ in there.

Get ready, you might hear some rumbling coming from North Texas . . .



4 comentarii:

Ellie spunea...

OK so when ever you decide to play that thing...I want to be there! I have always loved organ music! That beast looks so fun! I would love to rock out on it...If I had a clue how to play it!

Anonim spunea...

That is so not what I had pictured when you told me about it. Gonna keep the key to this one?

Shannon spunea...

Okay, so that's not actually the instrument in the recital hall at TWU, but it's a great picture, isn't it? The one here is still pretty impressive!

Else spunea...

I still love the bell tower organ. Maybe you could play me something and I will hear it from here in CA. You are on your way to becoming the MOTAB organ player.... YAY