vineri, 8 august 2008

On My Mind


I decided to make a quick trip home this weekend. Well, "quick," meaning a couple days there sandwiched by the 13 hour drive. It's a straight shot from Fort Worth to Atlanta on I-20 and the drive really isn't bad, especially when you've got books like Tuesdays with Morrie and talks by Sheri Dew and other great speakers to listen to (thanks Jenny!).

I always enjoy being back in Georgia. I miss the trees and greenery, and I unvariably find myself thinking "Hey, they're from Georgia!" when I see the first few license plates after crossing the state line. It really is a great state, and I wouldn't mind at all ending up back here some day.

2 comentarii:

Ellie spunea...

I am so jealous! I love being in GA and will be there in just 3 short weeks! I wouldn't mind living there one day as well!

Else spunea...

Though I am a CA girl and have a hard time thinking of moving anywhere else, I really did enjoy Georgia when I went to visit you. I couldn't get over how green it was. And I was lucky it wasn't that hot. Georgia really is a beautiful place, and I would love to visit there again, only with you of course. Maybe that's why the visit was so fun!!