vineri, 1 august 2008

Feelin' the Heat!

The other day I heard on the news that we were in our 21st consecutive day of 100+ degree weather. And there is no hope in sight for any cooling. We are probably in for another month at least of hundred degree weather. Man! I got pretty roasted at an outdoor carnival we had a couple weeks ago, and this weekend's Ranger's game and lake trip might just do me in!

This is an honest question. How in the world do people work outside in this heat? My apt building was getting a new roof, the guys were up there in the blaring sun--how do they not get heat stroke? I sweat just walking to and from my car! Add to that carrying anything or doing any type of lifting and I'm a goner . . .

On a good note, the doctor said this morning that the fracture in my foot has completely healed. YAY. He said I could expect to feel it (as in, feel pain) for a while still but that would be normal for up to a year. That unfortunately means no waterskiing or wakeboarding tomorrow! :(

But I do still have 3 months to enjoy handicapped parking privileges!


Niciun comentariu: