vineri, 8 august 2008

Did You See That?



I didn't tune into the Opening Ceremonies until they were already in the middle of the athletes' parade. From what I heard, the artistic show beforehand had been pretty incredible, so I will have to go back and watch what I can, but I was still amazed by this!
When the torch was brought in and it was time to light the flame, Li Ning, a Chinese gymnast, was raised up into the air and started this surreal, slow-motion-like running around this screen that went around and above the entire venue. It was so cool to watch, and I can't imagine the leg muscle it took to pretend like you're running and have no surface to push off of for that long. By the time he went all the way around the stadium the screen had somehow rolled itself into the torch that he then sent the flame up to and lit. Then of course there were an insane amount of fireworks.
So cool! I highly recommend finding footage of it if you didn't see it!




Un comentariu:

mccready's spunea...

I hope you got to see the rest of the ceremony - it was so cool! There was a whole part with drums that lit up... You would have loved it! I sure did! Remember when you volunteered at the one in Salt Lake? Good times.