Moving day came and went! Last Saturday a bunch of friends from my ward came and helped me haul my stuff out of my apartment in Fort Worth up to my new place in Denton. I have to say, this was a pretty smooth and stress-free move! I suppose it helps that I'm on summer vacation and have had weeks to get things ready, so when everyone showed up, it only took about half and hour to get the truck loaded. It's about an hour drive to Denton, so we got up there and unloaded and were done with the whole thing before noon.
So I guess I live in Denton now!? I don't think this has completely sunk in yet. Actually I'm trying to postpone the inevitable by staying with Jenny here in Fort Worth until school starts. I just am going to have a hard time not living here anymore. The friends I've made here are truly the greatest and I am so grateful to have been here these last 2 years. When I moved to Texas I really wasn't anticipating enjoying it like I have! Ha! I might even be growing a little bit of Texas pride! (That's off the record . . . don't worry folks at home, I'm still a Georgia girl!)
Anyway, I wanted to say thanks again to Sharon, Zach, Russell, Josh, Daniel, Christie, Charley, Anneliesa, Dave, Brandt, and David for helping me out last weekend. Ya'll are the best and are welcome to come visit me in the lovely city of Denton anytime!
2 comentarii:
SHANNON! I still can't believe you've moved! The apartment in Denton isn't so bad. And it's not too far from Ft. Worth. It will be a sad time, but you are moving on to do INCREDIBLE things! You are so awesome!
Gee, I was thinking this would be a perfect time to make a quick trip home. . . . .
Trimiteți un comentariu