duminică, 13 iulie 2008

Limba Romana

So I was just exploring some of the options with this whole blogging thing and decided to make things interesting by switching the system language to Romanian. Now anything that's part of the template will be posted in Romanian. I don't think it will complicate your viewing experience much. . .

I took Romanian 101 before spending a semester there working in an orphanage and children's hospital in college, and at one point I was almost, minimally conversational, depending on how much patience the other person had. It's sad that I have lost almost all of that now!


Maybe one day I'll get around to posting some pics or videos from the experience. It was definitely intense; I loved almost every moment and still miss the kids. I try to keep up with reminders about their birthdays from birthdayalarm.com for the kids who actually had a known birthday. Of course I can't get messages to them anymore, but it's one little way of remembering them and the incredible effect they had on my life.

Here's a link to an article I wrote for an online magazine a while ago about it all. http://www.meridianmagazine.com/articles/070130betterworld.html

Un comentariu:

Jenny spunea...

You're tagged.
You're welcome. :)