luni, 7 iulie 2008

Made in Japan


Here's the story. My parents were living in Japan when both my brother and I were born. As a result we both got Japanese middle names. Growing up I was pretty embarrassed by it, but I have come to be proud of my Japanese roots! (No, I'm not Japanese, and I'm not a Japanese citizen. My parents are Americans and so am I, but hey... I do have a connection!) Since I don't expect that many people will ever read this, I'm okay putting the meaning up here. :) Apparently "terumi" means basically something shiny or sparkly. There are multiple ways to write this name. The specific characters my parents chose were the same ones used in the translated Joseph Smith account when he is talking about the pillar of light. The meaning they had in mind with my middle name was "radiant beauty." (Uh, but I only "beautifully radiate" on certain days at certain times--that's part of being made in Japan . . .)

Un comentariu:

Else spunea...

You are my "beautiful shiny" Terumi and I miss you tons!!