Most of my friends my age are posting blogs about their kids. The kids in my life the last 2 years have been the nearly 500 mostly African American children at Morningside Elementary. I have been their music teacher and we have had some good times together.Most of these kids have pretty difficult lives. They live below the poverty level, and many are being raised by grandparents. There is not a whole lot of consistency in their lives, which leads to some challenging behaviors at school. But they are all precious.

I loved teaching. I was very much stretched. A few days I didn't think I could get stretched any further! But there are few things better than singing silly songs with little kids and seeing their faces light up because they are having a positive experience at school. The decision to go to back to school full-time was very hard. I will miss their hugs in the hallway, their smiles, and the hilarious things they do. I will miss hearing, "Ms. Wilson, I gotta use it!" and "I gotta axe you a question!"
I will miss my 500 kids.
Niciun comentariu:
Trimiteți un comentariu