I know, 2 posts in one day. I actually found something to keep myself busy on this play day and needed a break so I thought I'd share...
I was going through my closet looking for a certain book in my boxed up stuff from teaching and discovered something "special." One of my big tupperware bins full of my handmade teaching aids had a total infestation of cigarette beetles. I've been cleaning it out for the past hour and have successfully kept myself from gagging so far, but it's pretty gross. There must be thousands of them--luckily they're not moving, in fact I'm pretty sure most are dead, but they sure have made a mess of everything. (You should know these aren't big guys--they look like little tiny seeds. If they were much bigger I would have probably had a panic attack!)
I had packed up everything very well because I wanted to use this stuff again, so I was pretty shocked to see that somehow the infestation started in a freezer ziploc bag full of bean bags and cushy balls. I didn't explore that bag too deep, it went straight in the dumpster, but it must have been the rice (or sand?) in some of those bean bags. I'm able to salvage some of this stuff but a portion of it is just ruined. Sad, sad, sad.
Gross, sick, disgusting! Just had to share!
2 comentarii:
Wow..I must say I'm quite proud of you for handling that on your own. I've seen your reactions to bugs, spiders, lizards, and I know how you cringe away from them. This must have been very difficult for you! Good job!!!
I am so glad you didn't take pics!
Trimiteți un comentariu