marți, 3 februarie 2009

No, those aren't beef patties...


My family doesn't have a ton of traditions, but this is one that has definitely stuck with me. Every year for my birthday we make heart shaped rice-crispy treats, dyed red. My mom started this when I was in kindergarten because I have never liked cake and didn't want to bring cupcakes to school on my birthday like everyone else. She came up with this cute idea since it's so close to Valentine's Day and I can still remember how excited my kindergarten classmates and teacher were about these treats, and how cool I thought my mom was for bringing them. (In high school one friend decided they looked like heart shaped hamburger patties, and I have to agree there is some resemblance, but these are much tastier than raw beef!)
I've been gone from home for nearly 10 years now and my mom still often will mail me a package with these. I just finished making the batch for this year to take to my classmates tomorrow. :)

2 comentarii:

Harrison - Party of Four! spunea...

Wow, those definately do resemble heart shaped humburger paties.

Pammy spunea...

You know, when I see those in person, they don't look like hamburger patties, but in that picture...they really do! Eww...gross! Haha. Just kidding!!

I can't wait to take you to the Cheesecake Factory tonight!!! YAY!!