vineri, 16 ianuarie 2009

All good things must come to an end...

So this 6-week winter break is just about over and the semester starts on Tues. I've never had a break this long, and with the crazy weather that's been all over the place I've had a little confusion about which season we're really in. Seriously--one day it's 8o degrees and I'm outside in shorts getting sunburned, 2 days later the high is 30?

Between having Else visit from CA, going home for Christmas, going to Seattle a little last minute to see Nicole (thanks Brant and Kristen!), having both grandmas have bad falls and end up in the hospital, and several trips to Fort Worth, I guess I've kept myself busy enough. I also just listed and sold my first item on Craig's List, ha!

It's been kinda weird/funny--because my work is flexible I've been able to have this time off and take these trips, and I've totally felt like my "real life" has been in suspension. No homework, lesson plans, etc! I even had a break from my calling as we finished our temple prep lesson cycle before Christmas and are just getting started again. The funny thing is that most of my friends could never do stuff like this. Husbands and little kids are apparently time consuming! Huh... Well as much as I'd rather not be single, I have to say it's been a fun break! This is one girl who doesn't mind a little extra down time, especially if it involves catching up with some of my greatest friends and favorite people!

Un comentariu:

Ellie spunea...

I couldn't agree more! Back to the grind on Tuesday!