
It's come and gone, yes, but I thought I'd share about what really made my 28th birthday unforgettable. Aside from the balloons, the cheesecake, the weekend bbq and cake, I also got a sweet pair of blisters on my feet from the new running shoes I bought. I'd been waiting months to get new shoes since I've seriously been wearing the same ones for TEN years (not good!) and I justified my birthday as a good time to splurge. (I started jogging last fall on a pretty regular basis, which made me realize I finally needed new shoes.)
So on my birthday I got some Avias on sale from Famous Footwear and went for a jog so I wouldn't feel guilty about going to the Cheesecake Factory with Pam later that night. I ran a little over 3 miles, and got the worst blisters of my life. Seriously, they were almost 2 inches across on the instep of both feet. I knew something was rubbing while I was jogging, but I just pushed through it, not realizing just how bad they were until I stopped and tried to walk. By the time I made it home I was convinced I was going to take my shoes off to find blood soaked socks--thank goodness that wasn't the case! But the raw skin was pretty painful. I won't go into more details than I already have, except to say that I've already gone through 3 boxes of bandages. And the whole thing about using feet to play the organ pedals--that's not happening right now!
Ouch!
All things considering, though, my birthday was great! We had a fun time celebrating Sat night at Benbrook Lake with friends from Fort Worth. And if these blisters leave scars I'll always have something to remember my special day!
4 comentarii:
Hey, good for you for taking up jogging! I'm very jealous actually - I haven't really been able to seriously get back into jogging since I had kids. So run a mile for me, will ya? Then I can have a piece of cheesecake too! Oh, and happy belated birthday!!
I'm so glad that, other than the blisters on your feet, you had fun for your birthday! I know I greatly enjoyed hanging out with you! You're awesome!!! Love you!
I still am so sad that you got such bad blisters... hopefully they have healed by now so you can keep jogging and hopefully it hasn't scared you for life. :-)
Ok next time watch for a Kohl's sale. They have them all the time. I got a pair of Nikes that I love for like $40! And no blisters!
Trimiteți un comentariu