Okay, all the anxiety and stress of last minute changes was worth it when President Uchtdorf put his arm around me... He had entered the chapel and he and Pres Beesley (Fort Worth stake pres, where the regional YSA conference was held) were getting a few things situated as they stood about 3 feet away from the organ. Pres Beesley suggested the congregation sing some selected verses of "How Firm a Foundation," while they waited on something, saying that it was a good hymn "and she can play it" (briefly gesturing toward me). President Uchtdorf then put his arm around me and agreed that "it is a very good one."
Once he was seated on the stand he was seriously about three feet from me. The organ bench was directly behind his chair, and I had to resist the impulse to reach down and ruffle his hair! He muttered some amusing things that I could hear, and when I played the introduction to the opening hymn, which I had purposely souped up a little bit knowing how big the congregation would be, he muttered "Ohh, that's nice!" before the first verse started.
It was an incredible meeting, and it was a special treat to go back to the Fort Worth stake and be involved this way in helping out with something so special in a place and with other people I so dearly love!
Tender Mercies.
2 comentarii:
What a cool experience! Now the 2nd counselor of the church knows what I knew years ago - you are a great girl and a great organist! ;)
You are so awesome!!!
Trimiteți un comentariu