miercuri, 4 martie 2009

Awkward?


So tonight on the way home from institute I decided I really wanted a hot fudge sundae from the McDonald's dollar menu. I knew we would pass one on the way home, but wasn't exactly sure which block it was on. When we got up to it, I turned where the sign was and was immediately fed into the drive thru, where I heard "Welcome to Jack in the Box, may I take your order?" It took me a couple seconds to realize I wasn't at McDonald's, 5 more seconds to decide if I was willing to pay $4 for a shake from Jack in the Box, and another 15 seconds to figure out how to say I didn't want anything.
So after about a 20 second silence (seriously), I said "I'm sorry, I'm in the wrong place!" Of course my roommate Danielle busted up laughing. But then I couldn't get around the cars ahead of me in line and thought I might have to have an even more awkward face to face interaction at the window. Luckily no one was behind me yet, so I trickily backed my car up the curved drive and hopped over to McDonald's for my treat.
The things we do for cravings...

2 comentarii:

Harrison - Party of Four! spunea...

Smooth, Shannon.... very smooth.(oh, and I still need to fix that awkard amp sign in the blue name).

Else spunea...

That's awesome and so dang funny.