I also went to the state capital building, where I gave myself a good workout by climbing the stairs to the top of the rotunda.
The Senate chamber room inside the capital. Apparently this is where important stuff happens. (Write your congresspeople and tell them to fund music therapy and music education! That's how people like me get jobs!)
I was driving through this beautiful neighborhood right on the edge of Lake Austin and was a little taken by this house. You can't see it well in this picture, but the house actually sits on top of the lake. Notice the garage door with the boat sitting inside--that boat is actually sitting in the lake. Forget the trailer and hitch! I couldn't see where the driveway connected but it must have been a bridge of sorts (or something?) Reminded me of Venice. Except it was Texas. Weird.
Not far from this house there were some girls with a lemonade stand, complete with the hand-painted sign and all. It was too cute to pass up, and they were only charging 25 cents. :)
These were some really pretty grounds next to an art school that was described as an art museum on the map I had--never made it to the museum but enjoyed a really nice walk instead!I really had a good time exploring the city for a few hours. It has its own unique character and is so much greener and less flat than the DFW area. I would actually describe it as pretty! :) (I love the metroplex for a lot of reasons, but natural beauty of the landscape doesn't top the list...)

2 comentarii:
I think he naked man must have been the freakhog! No wonder we haven't seen him in a while, he's been in austin. did you happen to see the stolen laptops anywhere around him???
Glad that it was you with the "thong" experience and not me.
Trimiteți un comentariu