
So I was trying to fix a pin in my watch with some super glue. It was a new bottle that hadn't been used yet (courtesy of the ever-practical Santa via Steven's stocking) so I had to get it open and was struggling with it until I realized I needed to break the seal. I went into the kitchen, got a knife and punctured the seal when about half of the little tube gushed out all over my fingers and, surprise, immediately glued them together. I started hollering (which I think freaked my mom out a little because she'd seen me with the knife) and reached for a paper towel not realizing how fast that stuff goes to work, and that just made it exponentially worse. We had a bit of a comical panic there (sometimes I'm a little irrational and freak out about stuff like this...) The glue absorbed the paper towel and created this thick cement mixture that locked my fingers together and made them look totally deformed.
I was able to get them unstuck with lots of warm water and acetone, but still look like I have finger-leprosy.
So in case you were wondering, super glue works.
5 comentarii:
Oh my goodness, I can totally envision the panic--I'd be right there with you freaking out! I'm glad you have your fingers back!
Just as long as you can still play the piano, we can live with the leprosy.
We already miss you shannon good luck this semester! Claire say eh
Um, I know the exact tone that was probably used in the freaking out portion of your fingers being glued together. Habib and Wanedda probably weren't there to help, huh?
I too can imagine the high pitch panic cry.... too bad I wasn't there to laugh.
Trimiteți un comentariu