joi, 18 decembrie 2008

Out of town company



1209 Hinckley Hall, August 1999: "Else, meet Shannon; Shannon, meet Else."

For those who don't know, Else was my freshman roommate at BYU. We immediately became the best of friends and that friendship has only grown stronger through the years. We lived together in 3 different places in Provo, kept in touch during our missions (hers in Argentina, mine in Colorado), had some great adventures meeting up and travelling together after our respective study abroad programs in Europe, and ironically finished up our degrees the same semester (both of us had some circumstances that "extended" our education) and got to graduate together.

She's now 6 months pregnant and we hadn't seen each other since her wedding 2 years ago, and--talk about tender mercies--she was able to come out to Texas for a visit this week, which was perfect since the semester is over and I don't leave for GA til tomorrow. We had a great time, and I am so grateful she made the trek out here and we were able to be roommates again, if only for a few nights!


Un comentariu:

Else spunea...

I too am sooooo glad I got to come visit you again. No more 2 year gaps of not seeing each other. Besides little Charlotte, Charlette, or however we end up spelling it, will want to meet Auntie Shannon before she is two. Hope you are having fun in Georgia and have a wonderful New Years.
My family just smiles when I tell them what we did.... got sick and stayed up late anyways just to visit. Man I sure had a great time just because I was sick with you. :-)