Since last June I have been living with a former mission companion and dear friend, Andrea, and her husband and little girl. Most days it's really just a place for me to sleep just because I'm gone so much, but I absolutely love the times I get to babysit Lydia, who's 2 1/2. (I really love hanging out with Andrea and Ryan, too...we just don't see a lot of each other!)
I got to watch Lydia (aka "LaLa") again tonight and realized just how much I've fallen in love with her. She calls me "Shay Shay" and is incredibly verbal. There's a kid's show called Electric Company that she loves, and when they do their raps/songs, she yells out "Shay Shay, DANCE!" and it's recently become a bit of a game, especially when I'm not in the same room. Whenever I come down the stairs and am headed out the door, if she's in the other room she will run to me for a "huggie and kiss" before I leave. She is the goofiest little girl and cracks us all up. I think Ryan and Andrea might just have a class clown on their hands...
The greatest part about this arrangement is that even though I get to enjoy Lydia's little personality, I don't have to do the parenting and disciplining! Since I'm so far away from my own nieces and nephew right now (which hopefully won't always be the case) I'm just really grateful for my sweet little buddy LaLa. =]
Niciun comentariu:
Trimiteți un comentariu