sâmbătă, 12 februarie 2011

Oh, and I turned...

That's right, this was the Big One (30). Until the next big one, at least. My friend Sadie (who's bday is the day before mine) and I celebrated earlier in the week with a big group from our ward and enjoyed some fantastic Italian food, singing, and cake.

My birthday fell on a Friday this year and since I finish teaching at noon on Thursdays, I then decided to take a long weekend and head to southern California to celebrate. It had been too long since I saw Else...and the beach...and this was the perfect excuse for a trip. Else and Haans definitely spoiled me and it was so great to be with them for the weekend.


Else made aebleskivers for breakfast.....yummmmmmy Danish breakfast food that we enjoyed together in Denmark over 5 years ago. (not shown: the powdered sugar and jam that makes them especially healthy)

Had a good birthday jog while prego Else and cutie Charlotte played at the park. It was SO beautiful.
Tasty paninis for lunch. Yes Haans, they were veggie and asparagus, mmmmmmmmm. =)
Ahhhh. =] Meanwhile it was 15 degrees in Utah.

Those who know me well know that I'm not a huge cake fan. Else made this famous-from-our-college-days brownie recipe. YUM.

Even squeezed in a session at the beautiful Los Angeles temple.


Reality hit and I had to drive back to Utah on Sunday after sacrament meeting. But it was such a great weekend. Thanks so much Else for making it special for me!

Un comentariu:

Else spunea...

"Where's Shannon?" "Whered she go?" Says Charlotte. Come back soon! Thanks for celebrating with us!