When I packed up my music classroom in May of 2008 it was quite an ordeal. I had a broken foot at the time and was living out of someone else's home after my apartment had been set on fire. During the final weeks of school I strategically planned how I could get the biggest and heaviest things packed up with the kids' help. I was very careful in how I packed things away, anticipating what would be most helpful should I return to the music classroom.
I am SO glad! Now that I have only a few days to get ready to be back in the classroom, going through my old teaching stuff has been so helpful! For example, I had a whole bulletin board entitled "Who's the New Music Teacher" that I put up at the beginning of my first year....and even though the stuff on there is 5 years old, I can use the same stuff at my new school. There are so many teaching aids that I made that I hung on to that I am so grateful to have now.
Every now and then my paranoia about what I might need easy access to in the future pays off, and this is definitely one of those times! =)
Un comentariu:
Hey Shannon! Got your email with the update. Crazy year for you huh? I'm excited that you'll be teaching again. I know you're going to love it all over! Did Jaccard set you up? Tell him hi for me. And Sister Kenney too if you ever see her. Oh, and I am SO impressed that you can play guitar with gloves on. Seriously. Good job!
Trimiteți un comentariu