So because of Thanksgiving, campus was closed last Wed thru Sat. But because I'm on a approved list with campus security, I can call them to let me into the music building to practice, which is what I did Saturday afternoon. I was planning on practicing the organ in the recital hall, where I often practice, but had a change of plans. I realized I was the only person in the building (as far as I could tell) and when I walked into the performance hall I saw the concert grand Steinway out on the stage. Of course it was closed up and covered, but I couldn't resist the urge. I abandoned my plans to practice the organ and uncovered the Steinway....I can't describe how sweet it was. Playing that instrument in a big empty performance hall really was amazing, especially since I haven't played like that in a long time. I went on for probably an hour and a half. It was good for my soul, so good. :)
I just wonder if there are cameras anywhere in that hall, and if my performance was recorded for anyone...
Un comentariu:
Did you do the Brahms?
Trimiteți un comentariu