vineri, 3 iulie 2009

My "Marathon"


Back in May I was trying to decide on a realistic fitness goal for the summer and decided I was going to run a 'marathon,' with a few alterations... I would break it up across 6 days and by the end of the week have run 26 miles. And because it's 105 degrees here and I'm an absolute wimp in the heat, this would definitely be on a treadmill.

So this was my week, and I actually finished on day 5! Here's how I broke it down:

Mon: 6.2 miles
Tues: 4 miles
Wed: 5 miles
Thurs: 5 miles
Fri 6.25 miles

I've never--ever--been a runner, and for most of my life have despised it. But after breaking my foot last spring I was looking for a way to strengthen it, and then realized I was already paying a ridiculous amount to the fitness center on campus in my tuition, so I finally got myself in gear. I'm still not a runner--definitely a slow jogger. But hey, it's progress!

Un comentariu:

Anonim spunea...

Great job! I'm still going to start runing as soon as I get cleared from the doctor to do so. I'm very happy that you achieved your marathon goal :)