marți, 22 iunie 2010

I'm back....


in Utah! I usually make a trip through here at least once a summer since I finished at BYU for various reasons, but nothing pulled me back last summer, so it's been 2 years now. But here I am! And I'm technically living here again. Weird!
It's really odd how you can live somewhere for so long--heck, I was here for 5 years!--but forget what it's like. I went down to meet some friends in Provo last night and saw at least 4 FHE groups outside doing their thing. The lady in front of me at Walmart yesterday was explaining to the cashier about how her husband served his mission in Taiwan, how his dad is now the mission president there, etc.--and the cashier was on the same page. Only in Utah.
I guess I got re-acclamated(?) to being in the "mission field" again. Of course, I'll be in Salt Lake for most of the time I'm here, and I'm interested in what the differences will be. I start my internship next Monday. Excited and a little nervous about early mornings and long days. I'm living in Saratoga Springs with my friends Andrea and Ryan and their little girl, and I'm just about settled.
A friend was telling me about the Lehi rodeo going on this week, and there's a 5k on Sat I'm thinking about doing. My sister just ran the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay here last week, and while the first day had me wanting to do it next year, by the morning of the second day I'd changed my mind. I think I'll stick to 5ks for the time being!
Anwyay, I'm here! Things are good! I'm headed to SLC to go to institute tonight. (Normally I'll go straight from the hospital, but tonight is the first class of the new term, and I need something to do!)

Un comentariu:

Harrison - Party of Four! spunea...

What an ...appropriate... picture. What term did you google to find that one?