miercuri, 13 mai 2009

Errrr....

So after months of putting off a trip to a new dentist, knowing there was work that needed to be done, I finally went today. I was dreading the worst and preparing myself to have to take out a loan or sell my car to foot the bill since I don't have dental insurance. Ends up I've got 2 fillings that need to be replaced, but nothing else too urgent. The budget's definitely been tightened even further, but I think I can keep my car. For now.

I found out that some of the things that had been bothering me the most are likely the result of me grinding my teeth. (Hence, the picture of the angry-looking man above.) I've noticed the last several weeks that my jaw has been really sore, and wondered if that might be why. I'm not conscious of it; I apparently do it in my sleep. I think it's been a while since I've had a serious episode of this, but I guess the stress of grad school has officially gotten to me--good thing finals are almost over!

4 comentarii:

Harrison - Party of Four! spunea...

Make absolutely sure you can't wait any longer before re-doing the fillings and ask lots of questions like what will happen if you don't re-do the fillings rightn now. I let my dentist convince me to re-do 3 of my fillings. They were non-urgent and didn't bother me to begin with... after he re-did those 3 fillings I ended up needing not 1- but 2 root canals on different teeth to fix the fillings (something about the new fillings being to close to the nerve). You'd defiantely have to sell your car if you had to do root canals.

A Tale of Three spunea...

You could try getting a night gaurd to help your jaw. I have TMJ and had to get a night gaurd...it really has hellped my jaw to not hurt!

Pammy spunea...

My mom had a problem with that...and I think I do it too sometimes. My mom got this thing that she's supposed to wear at night to help...maybe something like that would help you!

Mom spunea...

You've been grinding your teeth ever since you've had them. You grind; I clinch.