So so sad. BYU lost to TCU 32 to 7, I think it was. It was really pathetic. I could see that and I'm not even a football fan. Not sure what was going on with those guys Thurs night, but they're streak was definitely interrupted. It was fun to see all the BYU fans, though. I was running some errands on Friday and talking to a guy in line who'd gone and he was definitely impressed with how many fans BYU "travelled" in. I tried to tell him that the majority of these fans were probably locals, or semi-locals. Loyal, strong and true. Even when we lose. :)
Aside from being with friends, the funnest part of the game was running into some kiddos I taught for the last 2 years. There was a group of about 10 boys there with the Hope Farm program, an after school program to more or less keep them busy. I think about 5 or 6 were kids from Morningside, where I taught. I was so sad that my brain couldn't bring up all their names, but I could remember a few (hey I taught 500 kids and only saw them for 45 min 5 times a month!) I didn't have a chance to talk to all of them but it was fun to see them and tease each other about who to cheer for. I miss those kids.
Which leads to one more thing--I will get to work with kids a little more now that I'm starting work at an in-home daycare. I've got a full class schedule but had a few blocks of time open and could definitely use the money. It's here in Denton, 10-12 kids depending on the day. I think after the rigor and accountability of public school curriculum I might find this a little less stressful.
The adult session of our stake conference is tonight, and I've got a huge research project I've got to get going on now. It's for my 3 hour Monday night class that sometimes bores us to tears when it's all lecture. Here's a quick funny story about that class, though. The teacher and his wife are new PhDs and just started teaching here. He sometimes rides his bike to campus, and the other week we were waiting for class to start and he finally showed up 15 min late. He kind of stumbled into class and explained that he'd just wiped out on his bike, real bad. Said he flew over the handlebars, hit his head, had some bad scrapes and cuts, was pretty banged up. Luckily for him he didn't have to lecture too much that night because we had presentations. He was sitting next to me during class and told me to wake him up if he fell asleep--for real, as in he was worried about having a concussion. Poor guy!
Okay, enough procrastinating. If any one has any insights into the indeterminate/aleotoric compositional techniques of French composer Pierre Boulez let me know!
2 comentarii:
I realize you've just barely posted it, but it was funny to see your plea for insight followed immediately by the 0 in the comment counter.
I DEFINITELY agree with your mom! I don't even know what you said before "compositional technique." :)
Trimiteți un comentariu