
Err, I was trying to change blog templates and got a little stuck. We'll have to deal with midnight black until I have more time to figure out how to do it!
Just a delayed post about how much I appreciate that we have General Conference. Sometimes I expect to have some big epiphany/solution during conference, and every so often that happens, but sometimes--like last weekend--I just come away feeling secure and safe. With all the craziness going on in this world (which seems to be getting more and more relentless) I am grateful to know that the things that are most important for us to do now are the same things we've been counseled to do for decades, if not longer.
In fact during this last conference it seemed like there was a lot of focus on encouraging the saints. No one got into the political or economic turmoil that has so many people so distressed. I guess the thing is, we've always known things are going to get pretty bad. Nothing that is happening now should surprise us. But the fundamental principles of the gospel are still going to carry us through it all, and those are the things that we should be giving attention to. I especially appreciated Elder Perry's counsel to simplify. And wow, President Uchtdorf is really amazing! (They all are, it's true.)
I belong to a pretty cool church.
2 comentarii:
I couldn't agree more! If you want help adjusting your color, I can help if you get lost. I saw Jenny today and we need to play soon!
It seems every time I hear President Uchtdorf speak, I come away feeling even more like this is a man who clearly sees to the back of your soul and understands just exactly which ointment to put on the aching part.
Trimiteți un comentariu